Thursday, March 4, 2010

Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach


                                              

During the week I love to have meals that come together quickly. With Nick's grad classes, soccer practices and my work-out schedule, this is becoming even more important. However,  I hate to sacrifice a good meal just to save a few minutes. I love when I find something that fits both my need for speed and it tastes great, and this meal was one of them. This came from Ellie Krieger on Food Network. Her show "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger" focuses on eating healthy and how you can still enjoy foods you love with small twieks. This was the first recipe we tried from her, but I think I will be going back for seconds. It came together fast, was an easy clean-up and it was a nice filling meal.

This meal also allowed me to use the rest of the baby spinach I had left over from the other night, always a plus! Bailey loved the couscous and tolerated the spinach.






I really want one of these so I can quit using my laptop to read recipes off of while making dinner! Sure, I could print them out, but I feel so wasteful doing that. Although, it's nice having Pandora playing in the background while I cook. Bailey likes to come in and dance with me while I'm cooking too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some comment love!